Monday, June 3, 2013

Sylvia, my Sylvia

Like a mother, I love all my "children" equally, but there is something so very special about Sylvia.  Therefore, there will be no wonder at my excitement upon hearing from my beta readers that they wanted more Sylvia.  Yes! Yes! Yes!  I want to give the world more Sylvia!  

The truth is, after I submitted my manuscript for the writers' conference, I hadn't spent much time thinking about Sylvia, Celia, and he-who-shall-not-be-named.  I hadn't wanted to think about them because I knew that if I did, I'd be tempted to make changes to what I had already submitted.  But, when I was sitting in the dentist chair, Sylvia crept into my mind, and she would not be denied.  That's so like Sylvia.

I tried to ignore her; I really did.  Then, at 4:45 this morning, when she prevented me from sleeping (again, so like Sylvia), I decided to give in to her.  It was a good thing I had the first period off today.  I mean, I would have gladly taught my students if I hadn't had the period off, but it gave me the time to bang out those itty bitty words that made up Sylvia's history.  Just as I finished, the bell rang, and the only thing that prevented me from doing a happy dance was the thirty students who were then sitting in front of me eagerly awaiting mathematics.

Now, I'm on lunch break, and I'm so excited about my new and improved Sylvia that I have to blog about it.  Oh, how I hope you love Sylvia as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment