Thursday, February 21, 2013

Drum roll please!

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present you with the moment I've been waiting for.

The first draft of LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS is complete!

Now before I upload any pictures of me doing my happy dance, dressed in my pjs as I am, I want to first express how completely satisfying it is to finish something.  Let me take that back.  LitD is not finished, only the first draft is.  But let's face it.  That's exciting!  That's confetti cannon exciting!  I'm excited!  Can you tell I'm excited?  I'm so excited that I'm overusing the word excited and actually using excitedmation points!!!!  (I know that's not a word.)

So, at this point, I'm at 86,400 words.  I have 71 files marking the progression of my manuscript saved on my computer and uploaded to the cloud.  There's a lot of editing I will do before I even consider submitting it for publication.  I can already think of two discrepancies in the plot, and I'm too excited  right now to go back and fix them.

Until tomorrow....HAPPY DANCE!


No comments:

Post a Comment