Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Excitement vs Fear -- Round 1

Excitement versus Fear -- Round One!
In a battle of epic proportions, who will win? or something something cliche blah blah blah

I read somewhere that without publication, writing for yourself is just that--writing for yourself.  When I write for myself, it doesn't matter if I fail.  No one will know.  Hell, I don't even need to know.  I can lull myself to thinking I'm perfect, and I can go on ahead in my little bubble believing I'm a superstar.  I rock my own world.

Soon--not today, but soon--I will have to finally face my fears and insecurities.  I will reach that point when I must allow others to read my manuscript.  Now, at 84,000 words, the end of the first draft of LitD is near.  (Very near.  As in only-two-or-three-thousand-words-more near.)

Part of me is very excited to turn back to page one.  Part of me is very scared to turn back to page one.

No comments:

Post a Comment